Chlorine Test Kit for Childcare Centers
300 tests for only
The Childcare Kit from ITS was designed to meet Childcare Sanitation rules for testing sanitizer and disinfecting solutions.
How to mix your solutions
(based on Mecklenburg County, NC Health Department)
1. Label a clean 1 quart container "Chlorine Sanitizer" with a permanent marker.
2. Add 1 capful of liquid chlorine bleach (such as Clorox) to the container.
3. Place the cap on the container and shake it well.
4. Some of the bleach will cling to the container wall. Remove the cap from the container and discard the bleach that does not cling to the wall.
5. Fill the container to about 1 inch from the top with tap water and shake it well.
1. Label a clean 1 quart container "Chlorine Disinfectant" with a permanent marker.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of liquid household bleach to one quart of water.
3. Fill the container to about 1 inch from the top with tap water and shake it well.
4. Or, for bulk containers of one gallon in size add one-quarter cup of liquid household bleach. Fill the container to about 1 inch from the top with tap water and shake it well.
How to test your solutions
Testing your solution:
1. Dip one test strip into a water sample for 1 second.
2. Remove the strip and shake once (away from face), briskly, to remove excess water.
3. Wait 1 minute.
4. Match to the color chart below. Complete color matching within 15 seconds.
• Easy-read color blocks ensure accuracy
• No dilution required
• Laboratory quality results reduce liability
• Approved for use in child care centers
• Safe, non-hazardous, easy-to-use
• Made in the U.S.A.
• 3 bottles of test strips (100 strips per bottle)
• Sanitizer preparation method instructions
• 1 tablespoon measurer
• 1/4 cup measurer